- Walking Wales: the visualisation challenge
- Word Clouds: Can they be misleading?
- VIPS-Visual Interactive Parameter Steering
- Confirmation bias : do multiple views really help?
- Visual Query Interface for Infrastructure Networks
- MADucator – Matrix Educator
- Concensus Matrix Sort
- Multiscale Multiples: An Overview+Detail Interface for Small Multiples
- Analyzing Image Similarity to Detect Disguised Plagiarism
- Tackling the Multi-Analyst Problem in Soccer: How to Improve Collaborative Pattern Detection in Team Sports
- MDSQ – Quality Assessment of Distance-Preserving Projections
- Internal Quality Measures for Subspace Clusterings
- Exploration of Datasets for Visualizations of High-Dimensional Data
- Search and Visual Exploration of Scientific Literature
- Star Glyph – Optimal Dimension Layout
- Visual Analytics of Molecular Neurochemicals and Biological Markers in Mental Illness
- Ensembles of classifiers: Visual construction of classification models
- Cutting-Down the Complexity of Parallel Coordinates Plots in High-Dimensional Data
- Investigating Analytic Behavior in VA
- Hierarchical Matrix Visualization
- Realisierung und Evaluierung einer stereoskopischen 3D Perspective Wall Umgebung für verlinkte Informationsvisualisierung (Master)
- Combination of Matrices + Graphs
- TreeMap Evaluation
- Visual Analysis of Language Change over Time
- Visual Parameter Space Analysis of Topic Models
|Theoretical (Analytical):||(3.5 / 5)|
|Practical (Implementation):||(5 / 5)|
|Literature Work:||(2 / 5)|
The main aim of this project is to implement an exploitative visual analytics system for analyzing the changes in the usage of language over time.
The project will focus on the scalable data-driven analysis of large text corpora using statistical and linguistic features.
Linguists are interested in detecting changes in the usage of language. To enhance this time-variant analysis our goal is to develop a data-driven visual analytics system that allows the exploration of language patterns over time. In this project, we will be working in close collaboration with linguistic scholars and intend to automatically extract relevant statistical and linguistic features from the text. Furthermore, to explore the extracted features over time, we will work on developing an interactive visual analytics system that addresses the analysis tasks of our domain experts.
- Review existing tools and approaches.
- Make yourself familiar with the data.
- Implement feature extraction techniques suitable for the analysis tasks.
- Develop a visualization prototype to explore these features interactively.
- Work with domain experts to evaluate your approach.
- Basic knowledge about information visualization and natural language processing.
- Scope: Bachelor/Master
- 6 Months Project, 3/6 Months Thesis